Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Looking for Miracles

Elder Colemere and Elder Andrasko celebrate their birthdays together!


My week was pretty great.

So Monday the transfer doc came out, so we would know who was
going where and stuff. Needless to say I was super surprised to hear I
was leaving Topeka. I mean I had only been there for one month. So I
was to start my 3rd full transfer with my 5th companion in my 3rd
area, crazy. But Monday and Tuesday were just full of goodbyes. Elder
Mitchell was leaving Tuesday to drive around with the Zone Leaders to
a bunch of his old areas and say goodbye to the people there. So
Monday he spent saying goodbye to the people in Topeka.

Tuesday was hard for me, I knew that I was leaving the area so I just
wanted to say goodbye to everyone. But since Elder Porter was staying
he wanted to work.  I ended the night by finishing up all my
packing.


Wednesday our entire zone met at the Stake Center to catch the charter
bus to Wichita, since Prez Bell was leaving the entire mission was
going to be in Wichita to say goodbye. So everyone who was getting
transferred loaded up their bags and made the trip down to Wichita.

Goodbyes were super hard, not only was prez leaving but 20 other
missionaries. Including 3 former assistants and several zone leaders,
lots of awesome missionaries. After goodbyes we loaded all my stuff up
and dropped it off at my new place. Where I am now is super nice, we
are staying with a member of the ward, Sister Pinkerton, she's a sweet
lady who has housed the missionaries for years. But we have a lot
of nice stuff in he house, except for the shower it's way way way to
small. Like a 3x3 box. But it's great other than that! We didn't get
to do a lot Thursday which makes for a boring day.

So Thursday we started off seeing a few potentials, but then we had a
team up with our ward mission leader. We went to see this guy who has
a Book of Mormon and is reading it and stuff, but he's had a few
things pop up in the past few days that has stopped him from
progressing. We are able to share an awesome message with him and I
started talking to him about baptism, but right as I was getting ready
to extend the invitation our team up took the conversation a whole
different direction and the lesson ended shortly after. Hmm. not what I wanted.

After we went to meet Gloria, she is the sister of a member and seems
pretty interested. The only bad part is she doesn't live within our
ward boundaries, so we will have to pass her off. But we had a church
tour with her, a super quick one cause we had a meeting right after,
and she seemed really impressed and definitely felt the spirit and
asked a lot of questions about baptism. Again we missed the chance to
invite her.

We super quickly made our way over to where our meeting was and had a
quick meet and greet with President and Sister McCuistion, they seem
really cool and I'm excited to get to know them!

After our meeting we had a dinner, and only a few hours to do more
work, so not a whole lot of lessons that day.

Friday was definitely he highlight of the week. We started off going
to see a few people that were semi interested. But they were actually
sleeping, I guess most days they don't get up until around 4-5, but
the sister answered the door and invited us in. Elder LaMont started
writing a note for the 2 that were sleeping and I started to talk to
the sister. She is one of those people who has a belief in a higher
power, but doesn't know if it is God, we were able to have a great
lesson with her and introduced her to the Book of Mormon and asked if
she would be baptized if she found out for herself if it was true. She
accepted a date to work towards! Unfortunately she is super busy right
now, she is making a costume for this big convention coming up this
weekend so she is spending almost all of her time making that.

After we went to see this kid named Josh, Elder LaMont met him
earlier in the week and talked about the Book of Mormon, unfortunately
he didn't have a copy with him so Josh wasn't able to get it at that
time. But we stopped by his house and had a solid lesson with him
about the BOM and he seemed excited to read it. Then we proceeded to
put him on date as well! We haven't been able to meet up with him
again, but we'll see him tonight or tomorrow.

The last lesson of the night was equally as awesome! So we were able
to get into contact with this former investigator, Anton, and set up a
time to meet with him. He was super  focused on mercy and grace and we
had a killer lesson about that stuff. Then we did the same as the other two 
and invited him for baptism and a date to work towards, he accepted!

I'm super excited to be serving in Wichita and we have a lot of
potential to baptize this month! We just have to keep our nose to the
grind and always be looking for miracles.

Oh yeah I don't know if I said this last week but Bill, my old
investigator in Ark, finally got baptized!!! He gave up smoking the
week Elder Colemere and I left Ark and was baptized a few weeks later.
And Wyatt's sister Abbie should be getting baptized later this month!
Elder Colemere said that we could go to that baptism!! So lots of good
stuff coming up.

Love ya tons!

- Elder Andrasko

No comments:

Post a Comment