Monday, October 16, 2017

I LOVE to See The Temple










Hello Everybody!!

So this was an eventful, memorable, week!

So Tuesday was a fantastic day because we were able to go on a temple trip with a bunch of recent converts from the ward!! So we were able to take our recent convert Chris for the first time to do baptisms for the dead!! Now that is something that I will remember forever, it was just such a sweet spirit there, while we were waiting to go to the font the Temple President came and spoke with us for a few minutes. He was able to answer some questions that people had, and it made the experience a lot more sweet. It was also the first time I was able to attend the temple on my mission, and the first time I have left mission boundaries. So a lot of firsts there. On the way back we stopped at Jack in the box and got some burgers. They don't have any in the mission, so that was pretty dope.

So every Thursday we do splits with the Elders quorum, and this week was especially great. It was actually the first time we went on splits. So Elder Fielding was left on his own from 7 to 9. We had one appointment for the night, so Elder Fielding went there and I went home teaching. So we go to see a family in the ward and the guy served with my cousin Kyle! So that's cool, so someone ask Kyle if he remembers Corey Gile. Then afterwards we went to see a Cliff Wright. So Cliff is a great guy who we have been seeing on a weekly basis since we got to Sherwood. We've built a good relationship, at least I hope so. The big goal is to have him come to church before I leave the area.

Speaking of leaving the area, transfers are this week! The news is....we are both staying. So the district is basically the same, besides the inclusion of the Kaw Valley Elders. They lost their district last transfer and are now officially part of the Sherwood district! Woot woot! So this is now the start of my 6th transfer in Topeka! Wow, that is a long time...and this is the third time I've been in an area for 3 transfers. But I feel I will leave after this transfer, but who knows..

Anyway back to splits on Thursday. Elder Fielding went to an appointment, and it went super awesome! He was really able to rely on the spirit to meet the needs of our investigator and she is super excited to be getting baptized! She will probably be baptized, if everything goes well, on the 28th!

Saturday...oh boy that was a wet day. We had a torrential downpour, and we were on bikes. After a few hours we decided to ditch the bikes. So we went home, changed, grabbed umbrellas, and started to walk. It was a pretty rough day to be honest. Nobody wanted to talk to us, appointments fell through. But I guess it's those days that build character.

Oh almost forgot, we had interviews with our mission president this week! It was a super cool experience, we were able to talk and he gave me good mission advice, as well as advice for when I get home.

It was a great week with lots of learning and growth. I love every second of serving a mission!

Have a great week!!

Love, Elder Andrasko

No comments:

Post a Comment