Sunday, October 9, 2016

A Day in the Life

Conference Week is always a good week, especially for missionaries.

So this week is actually transfer week, and for the first time since my first transfer week I am staying in my area!! I'm glad I am not getting moved yet, because I don't feel like I have done hardly anything since being here. But we have cleaned up the area a little bit and have found a ton of new people to teach. We actually have a couple cool progressing investigators.

So last Monday I had lost my wallet and I was pretty upset about it, mostly because I lost it due to my own absentmindedness, but while at family home evening that night I was talking to a recent convert about it, and he told me that he knew somebody had turned it in to the police. So we got the number I needed to call and made me promise that I would call them at 8:00 the next morning.

So the next morning at 8 I call them, and lo and behold they have a wallet. So on the way down to district meeting we stopped in at the police station and I was able to retrieve my wallet. Yay miracle. The cool thing was nothing had been taken or stolen from my wallet, not even the lone dollar that I didn't know I had. Yay miracles.

So on Tuesday we went on exchanges with the district leader, I stayed in my area with the DL, and Elder Stirling went to the other area with another greenie. We had a pretty good time, and we met some people that seemed pretty solid, so we will see them in the coming week(s) and hopefully we can help them progress towards baptism.

The next day we actually went on exchanges again, but this time with the zone leaders. So I had the opportunity to go up to Manhattan and find out what it's like to serve in a college town. In Manhattan there is a college student about every three inches, and sometimes they will stop to talk to you! But most people either were in too much of a hurry to be able to stop and chat, or just weren't interested. And then that night we went for a run with one of the recent converts there, unfortunately I had a pizza for dinner, and pizza grease with running doesn't mix well. So that night I didn't feel too hot.

It was kinda weird being back with Elder Stirling after a few days of not being around him, but exchanges were a super awesome opportunity and we got to learn a ton from a few different people.

We started working with this really cool part member family, the dad is a member and his wife and 3 kids are not. So the other day when we stopped by we were talking with the oldest, and he had a lot of plan on salvation questions. So we showed him a super awesome video that summed it up fairly simply, and we talked to him a bit more about it. By the time we were done this 16 year old kid was crying and told us that he loved God's plan for him. We invited him to be baptized and he said he really wanted to and was going to talk to his parents about it right away. 

Not much else is going on right now, I did fall victim to my own absentmindedness again though. Unfortunately this morning while shopping I set my Ipad down while checking out all of my items, and I guess I forgot to pick it back up. And so the hunt for my Ipad is still on, hopefully I can have another miracle with that. I guess I will just need to talk to Ossie again about it.

Everything here is going great, I love Kansas and enjoy every second of being out here.

Love,
Elder Andrasko

No comments:

Post a Comment