Monday, September 11, 2017

Let the Holy Spirit Guide


Mission-wide Conference with Elder Oaks!

Just me and my posterity

Zone Hike

I shined my shoes!! (The one on the left is shined, I haven't done the one on the right yet)


Hello everyone!

So amazing thing happened this week...Elder Oaks!!! But I guess we'll
talk about that later.

So last week I talked about William and how he wanted to come to
church and get baptized and stuff. Anyway, his parents want him
involved in a church because he has been getting himself into a lot of
trouble. So this week he came to young men's, and they talked about
studying and he loved it! The young men in this ward are great and
will be awesome fellowship for him, and of course we played basketball
afterwards.

Then Saturday we go by so we can confirm church, and his sister is
coming too! And they enjoyed it! Williams sisters Ashlynn is going to
come to the YSA FHE tonight as well!! So this family has a ton of
potential. We have taught the parents, and they have a lot of
questions. They are "spiritual" so they have a lot of similar beliefs
but they believe in reincarnation. But we cleared up a few things and
I feel like they are accepting of what we teach them.

OK so a really cool miracle that happened today. We got a call from an
investigator and set up a time to see him, then afterwards he said
"I've been thinking a lot about getting baptized, so find out what you
can about that." So boo yeah, things in Sherwood are going awesome!!

OK now Elder Oaks, so we had to leave Topeka pretty early to get to
Wichita by 11:00. So we get there and the whole mission was there! So
that was really cool, got to see so many former companions, got lots
of pictures with them. And I finally got to see the missionary that
Elder Stirling is training! Yay mission posterity! So after we all eat
and talk and take pictures we head into the church and make sure
everyone is in the perfect place for our group picture with Elder
Oaks, so I'm just kneeling on he floor for like 30 minutes (probably
wasn't that long) waiting for Elder Oaks to come in. Then he finally
comes! We take 3-4 pictures then he heads to the chapel and we follow
and go row by row to shake his hand. So that was a pretty neat
experience. Elder Oaks is a very funny guy, he told quite a few jokes
in his talk. He said when he speaks to missionaries he never prepares
anything and just listens to the spirit. So it was a pretty amazing
experience.

Not much else happened this week, but it was a great week! Saw amazing miracles!

Missions are great, the transfer is coming to a quick end...

But I love y'all, have a great week.

Oh I forgot we get Facebook this week, or next, so don't freak out if
you see me post stuff! :)

- Elder Andrasko

No comments:

Post a Comment